Hola hola.. This is spaghetti carbonara recipe that I’ve tried several weeks ago. So far this is the most delicious, easiest and most applicable carbonara recipe that I’ve tried. :D
Check it out!
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
3 tablespoons of margarine
1/2 medium-size onion, chopped
200mL plain milk
1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
50mL chicken broth
1 teaspoon of oregano
as-many-as-you-like smoked beef, sausage, etc; chopped :D
salt and pepper
Boil water in the pot. Add a table spoon of cooking oil and a pinch of salt.
Add the pasta. Removed the pot from the heat when the pasta is al dente.
Drain the water and serve the pasta in the plate.
First, melt margarine in the pan and then add chopped onion. Wait until it smells good.
Add milk and whisk. Add flour to make the carbonara sauce thicken. Whisk. (Note: do not add too many flour because it will make the sauce super thick. If so, you can add chicken broth. It will melt down and add flavor to the sauce ;) )
Add the smoked beef and sausages.
Add frozen vegetables. (After removed from the fridge, please wait until the vegetables melted before put it on the heat)
Add oregano, salt and pepper. Stir.
Add the sauce in the top of spaghetti. Add grated cheese. Serve.
Delicioso spaghetti carbonara is ready to eat! :9
Still couple of hours until the break fasting time. Let’s wait and cook! ;)
Churro is a fried-dough snack. It said that Churro is a Mexican fritters, others said that Churro sometimes referred as Spanish doughnut.
I find Churro recipe from theFword youtube channel.
Watching Gordon Ramsay cook is very delightful. <3
Looks very pro. Well, he is a pro anyway. And OMG, he is able to explain the process in less than 2 minutes. Nice! :D
After that, I tried to find the ingredients of original churros recipe. And here it is:
- 4 tablespoon of flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- a cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- In a small sauce pan, boil a cup of water. Add margarine. Mix them well until the butter melts.
- Lower the heat. Add flour, sugar, and salt. Stir them until they form like a ball of dough.
- Remove from the heat, add egg and stir vigorously!
- Spoon the dough into the pastry bag. Chill for a while in the fridge.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer. After the oil boils, pipe strips of dough directly into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain.
- Stir the powdered sugar and cinnamon together. Roll the Churros while still hot. Or sprinkle the powdered sugar and cinnamon to the Churros.
I do not have pastry bag, so I use plastic for food and make a hole in the tip.
My first batch cooked in the medium heat. It turns out the color is already golden brown but the outside is not so crispy and the inside is not so well-cooked. I think it is better to cook the dough in the hot oil, on low heat.
Here’s a picture of my Churros :D
Recent days, when I am bored and got nothing to do I try to cook something to eat. Yesterday I made a stack of pancakes. I adopt the original recipe that I found here. So, here’s the ingredients I used:
- 1 cup of all-purposed flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 200ml milk (I used ultramilk plain)
- 2 teaspoons of butter (I used Wijsman butter), melted
- Whisk egg and melted butter in a medium bowl. Then combine with milk and other ingredients. Whisk well until the batter smooth and the lumps are gone.
- Stand aside the batter for about 20 minutes to get a better result of fluffy pancake.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Pour the batter onto the skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Voila! The pancakes is ready to served.
The recipe turned out great!
The pancakes are delicious. They are not too sweet and a little bit savory. And it’s also very very fluffy.
To get a very fluffy pancake, you have to cook on both sides. So, after the first side cooked and browned, flip and cook the other side. One side cook will make the pancake less fluffy and look like a “martabak mini”.
From the ingredients above, you can get about 10 ladles (spoon for soup) of batter.
I pour 3 ladles of batter on the first batch. But I think it’s too much. The pancake will turn out great and very fluffy but the portion is too large. On the next batch I pour 2 ladles of batter, this is the right size! Because, if you pour less batter, it will turn out crisp.
Happy cooking! Wait for the next food post… :9
Okay, I write this recipe not because I’m good at culinary things. I just want to share my first experience of making mashed potato. :)
potatoes, salt, pepper, celery, butter, half-and-half (half milk and half cream).
How to make:
First, peel the potatoes and cut them into big pieces. Put the potatoes into a pot and cover with water by an inch. Add salt. Wait until the the potatoes soften (you can use fork to check it).
Drain the potatoes, and then put them again in the pot (without water) with a low heat stove to evaporate the water inside the potatoes. Watch them. Don’t let them burn! :P
Mash the potato using potato masher, spoon, or anything.
Add some butter, half-and-half, salt and pepper. You can also add cheese to make it more tasty. Mix them up above the low heat stove.
Add celery and mix them again.
And then…, voila! The potato is ready to served! :D
You can use chili sauce, tomato sauce, red-bean sauce, or other sauce to serve with this food.
written in the “sahur” time after sahur with my home-made-mashed potato :9